Parking for Qataris only

Posted on 8:42 AM, under

I don't know if you've seen this one before


This photo was taken in Marina Mal in Kuwait. I don't know if they still have that. I thought it was sexist and unnecessary.

This other photo, however, shocked me. I was dropping a friend of mine to his house and I took this photo of the house across the street.

Blog

It doesn't say it in english but in arabic it says "No parking for non-qataris". This is wrong on so many levels. I need to mention that this neighborhood doesn't have many Qataris living in it and this particular street has many Indians. I should also mention that the owner of the house walked up to me once when I was waiting for my friend out side the house and asked me where I was from.

It's ok if you don't want people to block the entrance of your house but this has nothing to do with their nationality! I thought of parking there and leaving my car overnight just to see his reaction.

| edit post

2 Reply to "Parking for Qataris only"

  • Anonymous on December 4, 2010 at 5:15 AM

    yes we have racism in Qatar. thank god we don't have black-white racism, but we do have Qatari- nonqatari racism. regadless education or age, a qatari person mahma tkalam about how bad is racism, 7azat el actions he'll be racisit.
    cuz this is how we've been raised

     

    Anonymous on September 5, 2013 at 4:11 AM

    Hi ,
    I’m Rita Moudar , Project manager at Buzzeff Middle East,
    we are a social advertising platform and we are looking for bloggers who can participate to our clients campaign by seeding videos or publishing sponsored articles ,
    we pay 0.05 US $ per view and 100$ per article
    We are running a campaign targeting Qatar and concerning the sport and life style in the country
    i would like to propose you to participate ,
    please contact me if you are interested and want more details,
    my email adress is rita.moudar@buzzeff.com
    thank you,
    Website: http://www.buzzeff.com

     
  • Post a Comment