unexpected ?

Posted on 12:26 PM, under

Ramadan night, a million assignments are due on the last week before Eid break.

Obnoxious people in the library, i have to read every sentence 3 times to finally hear myself thinking. Pandora.com is not the most helpful tool either when you're studying something new.

I hear the sound of wood knocking on wood, three knocks. Sounds familiar? It's the sound you hear when someone hits his pipe (midwa5) against an ashtray to clean it up. I know this sound very well.
Sniff, Sniff. Smells like tobacco. I know that smell; i'm sick of it.

I started to remember my cousin when he smokes while..

WAIT A SECOND ? I'm in the library, aren't? WTF?

I turn around, and guess what? A guy smoking, hid his head when he saw me looking at him.

I don't even need to mention this, you have already guessed guessed..

He's Qatari

| edit post

5 Reply to "unexpected ?"

  • Anonymous on September 13, 2009 at 1:33 AM

    lol

     

    Anonymous on September 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM

    A few days ago at Villagio..

    It was crowded, with lots of kids everywhere, people probably doing their last minute shopping for Eid. I just got out of one of the shops and what do I see?

    A bedouin looking Qatari, with his 'goat' hair, oversized thobe and ill manners, smoking in plain sight, like it was perfectly normal. Luckily, another Qatari passing by made some snarly remark, but that didn't go too well with the bedu, so it sorta escalated into a verbal showdown between the two.

    Like two chimps in a cage, I was tempted to toss in a banana! very entertaining ;P

    B.

    Like watching chimps

     

    I Care on September 16, 2009 at 12:02 AM

    The other guy was Bedouin too but I didn't want to mention that. I wanted to stay away from categorizing people as much as I could.

    We think that if we talked to them nicely, they’d be embarrassed and will apologize for whatever they were doing, but they don’t. Instead they insist on doing it. Yelling at them and throwing comments in the air doesn’t do any good and will probably result in a verbal fight, if not physical.


    What do you guys think is a good way of dealing with those people? We see them everywhere everyday but I still don’t know what the best way to make them understand what rude and wrong mean is.

    Ignoring them will never solve this problem, or any of our problems.

     

    Anonymous on September 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM

    "What do you guys think is a good way of dealing with those people?"

    I think we should taser them =)


    B.

     

    Maryam on September 22, 2009 at 7:16 AM

    I'm not sure how having the words "he's Qatari" with a large font in the end of your blog is an explanation to his acts that you mentioned.
    nor is it being Beduwin smoking in Villagio.
    we see wrong acts all around us every day from all sorts of people.
    For example, through the holy month of Ramadan I spent a lecture next to a non Muslims that were having food and drinks with no respect to the fact that most of whom in the lecture are fasting. All what this needed was a respected person with a moderate voice to make them understand their acts.
    That's it, a respectful remark addressed to the person would satisfy. And you would've done what you're supposed to do.

     
  • Post a Comment